Clinical Medical Assistant with Orthopedics and Physical Therapy Specialization
Clinical Medical Assistants are one of the fastest growing occupations in healthcare, which is already one of the fastest growing industries. Clinical Medical Assistants earn this by being highly skilled in several of the most important aspects of patient care. Trained Orthopedics and Physical Therapy Medical Assistants are highly sought after for their expertise working in a specialty setting. Clinical Medical Assistants work in many different healthcare environments including outpatient or ambulatory care facilities, medical/orthopedist offices and clinics, and hospitals. 2016 surveys put the median income for Clinical Medical Assistants at $31,540 per year, and a job growth rate of 16% per year, one of the highest growth rates of any profession.
What’s in this program? This program helps students master the three medical skill sets that make up Orthopedics and Physical Therapy CMAs:
1.- Clinical Medical Assisting-covers preparing patients for examination and testing, collecting cultures and specimens from patients, and instructing patients on treatment, medication, and diet. It may also include administering the medications and maintaining medical histories.
2.- Phlebotomy-covers drawing blood from patients, preparing those samples, and sometimes performing basic laboratory tests.
3.- Electrocardiogram-covers using specialized equipment to measure and monitor heart conditions.
Included Certifications! Included in your program tuition is the exam voucher for the National Healthcareer Association’s (NHA) Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.
This program includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider! This will give you invaluable hands-on experience. Additional fees may apply for a background check, drug test and other externship site testing requirements. Fees will be paid by the student at the time of placement in the optional externship.
Module 1: Clinical Medical Assistant with Orthopedics and Physical Therapy Specialization
• The Medical Assistant Profession
• Interpersonal Communication
• Patient-Centered Care
• Safety and the Patient Encounter
• Medical and Surgical Asepsis
• Pharmacology and Medication Administration
• Vital Signs
• Minor Surgery
• Medical Imaging
• Pulmonary System and Testing
• Orthopedics and Physical Therapy
Module 2: EKG Technician
• Coronary Anatomy and Physiology
• Lead Morphology and Placement
• Technical Aspects of the EKG
• Calculating Heart Rate
• How to Interpret a Rhythm Strip
• Rhythms Originating in the Sinus Node
• Rhythms Originating in the Atria
• Rhythms Originating in the AV Junction
• Rhythms Originating on the Ventricles
• AV Blocks
• Rhythm Practice Strips
• Artificial Pacemakers
• Diagnostic Electrocardiography
• How to Interpret a 12-Lead EKG
• Myocardial Infarction
• Cardiac Medications and Electrical Therapy
Module 3: Phlebotomy
• Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Management
• Communication Strategies for Phlebotomists
• Professional Ethics, Legal, and Regulatory Issues for Phlebotomists
• Infection Control for Phlebotomists
• Safety and First Aid for Phlebotomists
• Medical Terminology and Organization of the Human Body
• Anatomy and Physiology of Organ Systems
• The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
• Blood Collection Equipment
• Preanalytical Complications Causing Medical Errors in Blood Collection
• Venipuncture Procedures
• Capillary Blood Specimens
• Specimen Handling, Transportation, and Processing
• Point-of-Care Collections
• Arterial, Intravenous (IV), and Special Collection Procedures
• Urinalysis, Body Fluids, and Other Specimens
• Drug Use, Forensic Toxology, Workplace Testing, Sports Medicine
Medical Assistants serve as an important part in the elaborate machine that is the modern hospital or clinic. This program is targeted at individuals who are seeking a rewarding career working in Orthopedics and Physical Therapy. This program is ideal for individuals with no previous healthcare experience as well as individuals working in healthcare who wish to further their knowledge, skills, and potentially advance their career.
Included with this program, students receive exam voucher for the following national certification from National Healthcareer Association's (NHA)
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national certification exam
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
This course provides students with certified, skilled facilitators to guide them through their learning experience. Facilitators who are well trained in a unique mastery methodology and provide one-on-one instruction to their students to ensure mastery of the course material. The course facilitator is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Facilitators also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement.
All course material is included in this program.
- Certification included